Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wood You Like to Craft? with Melinda of Under My Umbrella!!!

-Hey y'all!!!  It's Melinda from Under My Umbrella here to show you my WYLTC project!
Wendy is a good friend of mine and I know how amazingly crafty she is.  She is a gal of many talents.  I love her idea of building a lantern!
There is no method to my madness :)  I don't like to measure and I typically just go with the flow.  It drives my husband (and I'm sure most men) crazy!  I went down to home depot and grabbed some 1/2 x 36 Poplar square.   The tag told me I am saving the tropical rain forest.  That made me feel good!  I cut the square sticky-thing-a-ma-do and formed a cube to fit on my 8x8 Cedar Castine (found in the fencing section).  I glued my pieces together with gorilla glue simply because I didn't feel like using screws.
And my husband said I would never use my school books again.....
Glue the castines on the top and bottom then spray paint.  Yep It's that simple!
I printed a pattern onto burlap to add a little flavor to my lantern.
Now this cute little baby isn't for real candles!  Only the dollar store battery powered ones.  My husband didn't want to understand why I would build a lantern as home decor but I'm sure you all do!
Thanks Wendy for letting me copy your adorable project!!   Can't wait to see what you all come up with!


Can you see why I love this lady so much? She's amazing!!! I love that she only "enclosed"  half the lantern and with burlap! Very Melinda...very awesome!

 Okay, quick reminder of a few changes we've made to WYLTC?
The linky party still starts tomorrow
but on the WYLTC? blog site!!!
And you can enter not only your lantern re-makes but any project involving WOOD STARS as well...you've got a week to have your project finished and linked up before the Top Pick is named...have fun, we can't wait to see what you've created!!!

Happy Crafting...

4 comments:

Krystal said...

Too cute Melinda!!! I love the print on the burlap and the open sides. Such a fun design. You rock!

Candace & Nicole said...

FANtastic Melinda!! Love every bit of it! :)

Lolly Jane said...

she is SO darling. i love her style. i've been wanting to knock those lanterns off PB for months & now i can...without having to do the hard work of figuring it out myself=awesome. (:

you're both mega talented! xxoo

cherished bliss said...

How did you print that on the burlap? I love this look!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...