Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rabbit 2x4 Tutorial!!! (It's about time!)

What Wendy did Wednesday...




Okay, here we go. The first of two going up today...
 
Let's make some BUNNIES!
 
Here's what you'll need...
 
2x4 block cut to 3.5 x 3.5 inches
black craft wire
1/4 MDF scrap pieces
white, pink and black paint
red ink pad
black sharpie
ribbon
glue gun
paint brushes
sandpaper
 
**just a few random supply thoughts, if you don't have access to a saw for the ears and nose pieces, try using fun foam for the nose and heavy cardboard for the ears. Or even fabric ears! I gave it a go with white muslin and kinda like it...
 
Paint all your pieces. Block and ears white, nose nice and pink.
Sand down the edges to give each piece a border.
Add highlight to nose.







 
 
Use the ink pad to blush the cheeks and ears. I just use my thumb and rub in small circles.
Add the highlights with white paint and draw in the mouth and ear details with your sharpie.
{See first picture for details...sorry, I guess I forgot to take one of this step}
 







Cut 3 pieces of craft wire about 4 inches long and glue to center of block.
Glue the nose into place on top of the whiskers.
 
Dot the eyes with black paint, once dry add white highlights.
 Draw in the eyebrows and add a few freckles with the sharpie.
 







Glue on the ears and add a pretty bow.
{For these ears, I cut out a long oval and then glued a piece of craft wire inside.
 Stitched completely around it and then tied it in a knot in the center. Blushed the ends and shaped the ears
then glued them in place}
For the wood ears, I drill a hole into the top center of the block and glue the ears into the hole-that's why they look so funny! The long, skinny part hides in the block.
Your happy hopper is done!
Happy Crafting...


I also linked to :
Someday Crafts and Blue Cricket Design
lil luna link party button

giveaways

7 comments:

Jodie said...

This is so adorable! Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower, I look forward to your posts! Your crafts are amazing!

Jodie

www.lovelaughteranddecor.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I am featuring this cutie at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com!

extreme personal measures said...

This is also adorable! Keep them coming! I am doing a sneak peak feature of this later today as well! LOVE!!!!

Denise
Extreme Personal Measures

Rhinestone Beagle said...

So cute and really simple. This might have to be on my easter/spring craft list. Thanks for linking up!

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

These are just too adorable!!!
Your newest follower!

http://willcookforsmiles.blogspot.com/

memakingdo said...

That is too cute, great job!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

OMG. I need to go to Home Depot and get me some 2 by 4s STAT. Too stinkin' cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...