Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 16- Rolled Paper Ornament


Can I just say that I LOVE how this turned out! And that I think a bunch of these would look AMAZING with the vintage ball ornaments I posted on day .

The inspiration behind this was my oldest daughter. She is in her first year of choir at school. They are prepping for a HUGE Christmas program and therefore she has been singing "Silent Night" non-stop.
Fortunately for all of us,she can sing! But I never want her to forget how excited she is and how great this performance will be. So this will be her ornament this year.

 I found a sheet of scrapbook paper that looked like sheet music, cut it into 6" x 3/4" strips.
 (I used 20 of them)
Then just rolled them around themselves and dropped them into the ornament. I added the lettering onto the front. I used vinyl but stickers would work here too. Her ornament says "Silent Night", the one for the give away says "JOY". Glued on a matching ribbon and I was done.

You could personalize these for your little ones by using papers that have sports prints, a favorite animal, hobby, or color! Look for a paper that represents your munchkin and there you go!

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

Julie said...

So pretty! This reminds me of an ornament I made for my mom last year and I thought I'd share.

Similar to yours, I took a clear glass ball and filled it with rolled up thin strips of red card stock. On the outside I painted a black stripe around the middle of the ball and added a gold-painted square belt buckle in the middle of the black stripe. It looked just like Santa's belly!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

I love all these awesome ornaments that you create!! Thank you so much for sharing. <333

I also wanted to let you know that I passed on a blogger award to ya! Yay!!

http://scissorsandawhisk.blogspot.com/2010/11/blogger-award.html

Unknown said...

Julie- I Love that idea! I saw a bell in the store today similar to that, but your idea is SO much cuter! Thanks for sharing, think I'm going to have to try it...

Sarah-REALLY?? THANK YOU! I am giddy at this moment, seriously a happy camper...

Jos @ keathley{chronicles} said...

How adorable is that?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...